Play comes naturally to children. We at Wildrift have, since 1993, been the Himalayan playground for children. Our camps and routes are located amidst birds, trees, forests, glaciers, rivers and amazing local Himalayan village people.
Born to play
We provide explorations on kayaks in lakes and rivers, treks and mountain bike rides in far-flung valleys, sneak peeks into bird nests and wild dens, meaningful work in Himalayan villages and cool hangouts for friends.
Wildrift’s Outdoor Resources
- Professional experience: Wildrift has been running adventure based school programmes for more than two decades now. Our team has incredible experience in facilitating safe adventure and exploratory programmes for kids. We are all professionally trained climbers, Kayakers, wildlifers and nature guides.
- Wildrift’s work is ground breaking in eco-tourism and is in synergy with the village community and nature, creating opportunities for children to have the real experience beyond just the sensory excitement of an adventure trip.
- Playmates: We are a group of Himalayan people whose favourite activity is playing with children. We personally know all the people in our camp regions and all the secret places and things.
- Our resources include star gazers, bird watchers, fishermen, storytellers, musicians and various others with varied interests who just like to play!
The Wildrift Playfulness
- The outdoor framework is designed to facilitate varied and new experiences in different surroundings and a little bit of reflection. Our structure doesn’t have classrooms, lectures, classes and authority.
- Making creative use of our sites we encourage children to go explore and to understand with a questioning mind- nature, lifestyle, the spirit of adventure and themselves.
- Nobody is judged at our camps. We don’t encourage competitive behavior. Children feel free in their natural surroundings and comfortable with themselves.
- Our camps and treks serve as bases for various playgrounds and are safe places for kids to experiment.
Safety is of primary importance to us. Our focus on the structural aspects of our programmes is designed to make sure that play in the wilderness is safe. The only rules we have are safety rules.
All our facilitators are professionally trained in their fields and also in medical assistance.
Our play partners
Thoroughly enjoyed the trip, challenging work, good food, good friends and entertainment. Separate teams gave way to a unified group.
Always look at the positive side of life, but at the same time have the courage and determination to change falsehood.
I learnt that Life is very simple, we in the cities complicate it.